Open to the Public
Apr 7, 2023 , 11:30am - 6:30pm
Student Center Ballroom
The HUB Cultural Center
- 11:30-2 Keynote & Movie Screening on Reparations, & Lunch by HUB
- 11:30-12:30 Dr. Jovan Scott Lewis, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Geography at the University of California, Berkeley, Member, California Reparations Task Force, the first state-level reparations commission in the country.
- 12:30-1 Lunch
- 1-2 “Reparations” Film & Filmmaker Jon Osaki Discussion. The film explores the struggle to seek repair and atonement for enslavement. Black and Asian Americans reflect on the legacy of slavery, the inequities that persists, and the critical role that solidarity between communities has in acknowledging and addressing systemic racism in America.
- 2:30-3:30 Friday Local Government Social Justice Career Panel Led by Rhonert Park Vice Mayor Samantha Rodriguez, and featuring other county and municipal officials.
- 4-6:30 Closing Reception & Awards *Giveaway for Students: Ticket to 32 Sounds A film by Sam Green
Forward to Friends
April 7, 2023
Add to Calendar