James Bleifus is working to drop the cloak of invisibility that envelopes the more than 90 Vietnam War Memorials in California. Continue Reading 'SSU Vet Works to Make...'
November and December Concerts Feature Renowned Mezzo-Sopranos Stephanie Blythe and Joyce DiDonato Afro-Cuban Musician Chucho Valdés, Jazz-Infused Flamenco Artist Buika Renaissance Polyphony with The Tallis Scholars and Handel's Messiah with Philharmonia Baroque. Continue Reading 'November and December...'
Professor David McCuan moderates a panel of distinguished Sonoma County politicos at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 7 in Schulz 3001 in a post-election 2012 analysis. The public is invited. Continue Reading 'Get Out the Vote...'
President Armiñana, following recommendation by the Academic Senate, has recently granted the faculty members listed below status as Faculty Emeriti. Continue reading 'Emeritus Announcement...'
- Erin Taylor, Payroll/Benefits Analyst, Payroll & Benefits
- "I was changing health plans during the open enrollment period and Erin was so helpful throughout the process. During a busy and stressful time of the year, she went above and beyond her job duties to help me enroll in the correct plan. Thank you Erin, it is much appreciated!"
- Nominated by Karen Pennrich, Customer Services Specialist, Customer Services, October 09, 2012
- Reggie Jiles, Custodian, Housekeeping
- "Reggie makes a point to always be kind and courteous in the work place. He constantly goes out of his way to make people feel welcomed in the student union whether that is by asking about their weekend, providing directions, or by simply welcoming them in."
- — Nominated by Andrew Heller, Business Analyst & Operations Specialist, Conference and Events Services, October 09, 2012
- Michael Hazen, GeoTeam Consultant, Workstation Security and Services and Barbara Moore, Manager of New Media Development, Information Technology Web Services
- "Michael remained unfazed and pleasant as we struggled to figure out why I could not access the Movable Type program. Despite my numerous e-mails and phone messages to him, he maintained his friendly, helpful attitude as he stayed with the problem and worked with Barbara Moore on possible solutions. It took well over a week, but finally a suggestion from Barbara led him to remotely access my computer and make various adjustments. At last I can see the webpages I need to edit! Many thanks to you both. "
- — Nominated by Susie McFeeters, Academic Support Specialist, School of Extended Education, October 16, 2012
Catch someone doing something great? Click here to nominate them for an Applause Award.
Mark Fabionar - "Cultivating a Community"
Coming from a family of educators, Mark Fabionar finds the subject of cultural diversity to be "an interesting and compelling way to serve communities and serve universities," he said. Continue Reading 'Mark Fabionar...'
This & That
Halloween Party Photos
Check out some pictures from last weeks Halloween Party! Continue Reading 'Halloween Pictures...'
November Programs at The Hub
The HUB hopes that you are all well and that your classes are going smoothly. We have a lot of exciting programs coming up for the month of November that we think you'll be interested in. Continue Reading 'The Hub...'
The Great Divide Faculty & Staff Night
See The Great Divide on Nov. 7 FREE for all Faculty & Staff. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Black, White, and Everything in Between: Expanding our Socio-Cultural Consciousness in the Classroom
The purpose of this workshop is to assist faculty in exploring issues of diversity in their classrooms. Continue Reading 'Diversity Workshop...'
Jim Fouche Retirement Announcement
Jim Fouche is sailing away to retirement after 20 years of service to SSU. The party will be Friday, Dec. 7 from 2:30 - 5p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room in the Student Union.
International Programs Resident Director Application Due Date
Apply for the International Programs Resident Director Program for 2014-15. These are 12-month, full-time positions in China, France, Italy, and Spain. According to the announcement, "near-native fluency is required for all countries listed above." The application deadline is December 1, 2012. Faculty Participating in the Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) are not eligible. Details are provided in the attached announcement, or go to: http://www.calstate.edu/ip/faculty for more information.