Click here to check out the social psychology network - it includes all things social psychological plus general career information.
Click here to read Madeline Rose's suggestions for applying to graduate programs in social work.
You might find the following two podcasts intriguing:
- March, S. (May, 2012). Is Facebook Making Us Lonely? The Atlantic.
- If you would like to see where various countries stand on Hofstede's cultural dimensions, please click here.
- Wilson, E.O. (April 2, 2012). Biologist E.O. Wilson on why humans, like ants, need a tribe. Newsweek.
- Temple, J. (February 26, 2012). Jury's out on Zamzee, other forms of gamification. San Francisco Chronicle.
- Grant, A. (June 4, 2016). Unless you're Oprah, "be yourself" is terrible advice. New York TImes.
Stress and coping
Stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination
- Salas, E., Tannenbaum, S. I., Kozlowski, S. J., Miller, C. A., Mathieu, J. E., & Vessey, W. B. (2015). Teams in Space Exploration: A New Frontier for the Science of Team Effectiveness. Current Directions In Psychological Science (Sage Publications Inc.), 24(3), 200-207. doi:10.1177/0963721414566448
- NPR RadioLab discussion of social dilemmas
- New York Times story about the origins of waterboarding (CIA
decision-making could be viewed as a form of groupthink)
- Osherow, N. Making Sense of the Nonsensical: An Analysis of Jonestown
- A New York Times "op doc" about Penn State and Joe Paterno.
Attraction, Close Relationships
Heather Smith, Ph.D.
Course Project 2
Course Project 3
prejudice reflection assignment