Sign-Up for new Student Assistants
If you are a new student assistant starting employment in September or October, please view the Sign-up Schedule and attend one of the listed sessions. Sign-ups are located in Employee Services, located on the 2nd floor of Salazar Hall. A reservation is not required.
(This does not include Instructional Student Assistants, Graduate Assistants or Teaching Associates. Students in these positions should refer to the Academic Student Employee website for further information.)
Who Needs to Attend?
A sign-up is required prior to beginning work for new Student Assistants or returning Student Assistants who have not worked at Sonoma State University within the past three years.
New Student Assistants may not begin working until they present their Supervisor with an “Employment Authorization and Checklist” given to them at the completion of the sign-up. This form authorizes the student to begin work and may be used as a guide for a department orientation on the student’s first day.
For additional information contact Human Resources at (707) 664-3278.
What You Will Need to Bring to the Sign-up
- The Student Employment Form completed by your hiring department.
- Your completed Application for Student Assistant Employment .
- Your completed Form I-9 (Section 1 only) and appropriate identification to satisfy I-9 requirements. (Refer to the last page of Form I-9 for the list of acceptable documents.)
- It is required that your name and Social Security Number are reported exactly as stated on your Social Security card to the Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board. To help expedite this verification processes please bring your original, non-laminated Social Security Card to your in-person sign-up. If you do not have your original card please advise us at the time of sign-up. For future use you may request a new card from the Social Security Administration.
International Student Assistants
In addition to the previous list, these additional forms need to be completed:
Information - For Review Only
- New Health Insurance Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage
- New Hire Notice – Injuries Caused By Work
- Statement on Civility & Tolerance
- Confidentiality Training
- Title IX Rights