Capital Planning, Design and Construction oversees all project construction on campus to ensure that there is compliance with the Campus Master Plan and established campus planning procedures. Consistent procedure is followed in the development of proposals for the construction of new buildings and structures which include:
- Furnishings and equipment.
- Materials and workmanship.
- Operating costs.
Throughout the construction phase, projects are managed with diligence to ensure that health, safety, regulatory and the code compliance review process for responsibilities performed by various departments and committees on campus are met.
The technical expertise we provide to those developing such proposals are:
- Compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations regarding construction.
- Environmental Health and Safety.
- Identifying full project expenses.
- Funds are authorized by the appropriate administrator before initiation of the project.
- Approved projects are completed within budget and on time.
We aim to be responsive to the needs of the applicant within the limitations of Facilities Management.