TO: Campus community
FR: Missy Brunetta, Director for Emergency Services/Associate Risk Manager on behalf of the COVID Monitoring Team
Sonoma State University was notified of one positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The exposure occurred on the following date and time:
Monday, August 30:
- Ives Hall, 1st floor, 9 to 10 a.m.
Anyone determined to have had close contact or other direct exposure with the COVID positive individual will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team within the next twenty-four hours, based on university records and exposure investigations. Due to the nature of the exposure, the areas where the COVID positive individual was present have been cleaned, however no areas or facilities will be closed to the campus.
Important reminders and resources:
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times
- Practice physical distancing when possible
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Report all COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated
- Find up-to-date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
COVID-19 Testing Center: For your convenience, the university is hosting a COVID-19 Testing Center in the Denali Gym. Check the COVID-19 Testing Center website for dates and times of service. Appointments are not necessary, but pre-registration is required. Use this link to access the registration page: avellinocov2.com/patient/register. You will need your student or employee ID number to access this service.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact email@example.com.
Stay safe and well.