TO: Campus Community
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management and Safety Services on behalf of COVID Monitoring Team
Sonoma State University was notified of a positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The exposure occurred at the Recreation Center on August 16 through August 18, 2021, between the hours of 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Individuals determined to have had close, direct contact with the COVID positive person have been contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team based on university records and exposure investigations by the end of the day today. Due to the nature of the exposure, the areas where the COVID positive person was present will be cleaned, however no areas or facilities will be closed to the campus.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times
- Practice physical distancing when possible
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Report COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated
- Find up-to-date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
As a reminder, the COVID-19 testing center is available to the Seawolf community in the Recreation Center, today and tomorrow. Appointments are not required this week, but pre-registration is required. Use this link to access the registration page: avellinocov2.com/patient/register. You will need your student or employee ID number to access this service. Testing will also be available next week and hours of operation will be announced tomorrow.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well.