TO: Campus Community
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management and Safety Services on behalf of COVID Monitoring Team
We write to share with you that Sonoma State University was notified today of a positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The date of exposure associated with this case is March 22 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. This individual, who is a member of our campus community, engaged in activities on campus but did not enter any buildings or facilities.
Individuals determined to have had direct contact with the COVID presumed positive person will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team based on university records and exposure investigations. Due to the limited area of exposure for this case, no buildings or areas will be closed.
Our primary focus is on our campus community’s health and safety, and our mission remains to empower every student for success. The situation regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve in our region, and we must remain collectively vigilant. In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times while on campus
- Practice physical distancing at all times
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Find up to date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
Please take care of yourself, your family, and fellow community members by following the federal, state, and local health officials’ recommendations as we manage through this challenge together.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well.