Open to the Public
Jul 15, 2020 , 9:30am - 12:30pm
Live Virtual Event
The Wine Business Institute Research Summit is a gathering of academics, scholars, and wine industry professionals devoted to the sharing of research on the economic, social, and management issues affecting the wine sector.
“We have lined-up thought-provoking sessions on the economic, political, social, and management issues affecting the wine industry, and resilience strategies in the wake of the pandemic’s impact,” said Ray Johnson, executive director of the Wine Business Institute in the School of Business and Economics at Sonoma State University.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Kat Stark, director of Wine.com Experiences, on Live Stream Tastings.
- Samual Riewe, professional Economics faculty member at Sonoma State University, on The Connoisseurs’ Guide to Collecting and Analyzing Fine Data.
- Dr. Steven Cuellar, SSU professor of Economics, on Pricing in the Digital World.
- Stephen Rannekleiv, global sector strategist beverages from Rabo AgriFinance, on Rethinking the Route to Consumer.
- Dr. Armand Gilinsky, SSU Korbel Professor of Wine Business, on Sustaining the Wine Industry During and After the Pandemic: Go Local? Go Social?
- Pierre Costa, founder of Somm Digital and SSU professional wine business faculty member, on An Altered Landscape for Digital Marketing.
- Dr. Robert Eyler, SSU professor of Economics, on COVID-19, the Economy in 2020 and 2021: How Can the Economy Rebound?
- Terry Hill, partner in BPM's Advisory Practice, on Managing Cash Flow and Deciding to Sustain or Chart a New Course.
- Dr. David McCuan, SSU professor of Political Science, on 2020 Politics and Wine: Red, White, & the Unknown Amidst a Pandemic.
Full program details will be announced soon.
Forward to Friends
July 15, 2020
Add to Calendar