Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
- University Library
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Business and Economics
- School of Education
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Social Sciences
- Student Services Professional - Academic Related
- Temporary Positions
- Counseling & Psychological Services Positions
- Coaching Positions
- Instructions for Applicants
Faculty are usually hired at the rank of assistant professor, with an earned doctorate normally required by the time of appointment. However, some recruitments will allow for completion of the degree within a set time after hiring, and if this is the case, it will be outlined in the announcement. Some positions may be advertised at assistant/associate professor, and highly competitive candidates may be considered for those positions at the higher rank. The university offers an excellent benefits package.
Sonoma State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty to reflect the diversity of the State of California.
All position announcements are in PDF format. The open positions can be viewed below.
To apply for a position, please click here.
|104248||Collection Development Librarian|
|104290||Instruction and Learning Assessment Librarian|
|104275||Communication & Media Studies|
|104292||Hutchins (Ecology and Environmental Studies)|
|104252||Early Childhood Studies|
|104254||Secondary Mathematics Education|
|104273||Educational Technologies and Secondary Literacy|
|104274||Mathematics & Statistics|
|104255||Physical Sciences - Geography, Environment and Planning|
|No openings at this time.|
- Read the position announcement closely.
- Click here to apply for an open position.
- Apply as an external candidate if you are not currently employed at Sonoma State University.
- Log in and apply as an internal candidate if you are currently employed at Sonoma State University.
- Attachments should be in Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX) or Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Closing dates are indicated in the announcement.
- Do not send application materials to email@example.com.
- Submit questions regarding the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific questions regarding the position should be directed to the chair of the search committee listed in the announcement.
- Official graduate transcripts are required at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is contingent upon our meeting expectations for enrollment. Should enrollments in the University, the Department, or the courses assigned to the individual tentatively selected not meet current predictions, the University reserves the right to cancel the appointment. If this unlikely situation were to arise, the individual tentatively selected would be paid on a pro-rata basis for those class sessions taught before the cancellation of the appointment.
Note: Sonoma State University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All offers of employment are contingent upon presentation of documents demonstrating the appointee's identity and eligibility to work in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Sonoma State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity. We seek a broad spectrum of candidates including members of underrepresented groups. Individuals with disabling conditions who require accommodation during the recruitment process may contact the ADA Coordinator at 707/664-2227 or TDD (using the California Relay Service) at 877/735-2929