Temporary Faculty Full-time and Part-time Positions
Current recruitments are listed below.
Full time is a 15-unit workload. Actual salary is dependent upon number of units assigned, educational preparation, experience, and availability of funds, subject to any CSU system faculty contract salary increases.
All position announcements are in PDF format. The open positions can be viewed below.
To apply for a position, please click here.
|Requisition Number||Position Announcement|
|103881||Physical Geography and Geospatial Technology Pool (CLOSED)|
|103897||Educational Leadership and Special Education Pool (CLOSED)|
|103903||Early Childhood Studies Pool (CLOSED)|
|103921||Historic Preservation (Anthropology) Pool (CLOSED)|
|103918||Biological Anthropology Pool (CLOSED)|
|103917||Cultural Anthropology Pool (CLOSED)|
|103919||Linguistic Anthropology Pool (CLOSED)|
|103920||Archaeology (Anthropology) Pool (CLOSED)|
|103913||First Year Composition English 101 and English 100A/B Pool (CLOSED)|
|103914||English Education and Linguistics Pool|
|103922||Management Pool (CLOSED)|
|103923||Accounting Pool (CLOSED)|
|103916||Studio Art Pool in Art Fundamentals, Ceramics and Sculpture|
|103997||Mathematics and Statistics Pool|
|103998||Studio Voice Pool (CLOSED)|
Instructions for Applicants
- Read the position announcement closely.
- Click here to apply for an open position.
- Apply as an external candidate if you are not currently employed at Sonoma State University.
- Log in and apply as an internal candidate if you are currently employed at Sonoma State University.
- Attachments should be in Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX) or Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Closing dates are indicated in the announcement.
- Do not send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit questions regarding the application process to email@example.com. Specific questions regarding the position should be directed to the chair of the search committee listed in the announcement.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is contingent upon our meeting expectations for enrollment. Should enrollments in the University, the Department, or the courses assigned to the individual tentatively selected not meet current predictions, the University reserves the right to cancel the appointment. If this unlikely situation were to arise, the individual tentatively selected would be paid on a pro-rata basis for those class sessions taught before the cancellation of the appointment.
Note: Sonoma State University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All offers of employment are contingent upon presentation of documents demonstrating the appointee's identity and eligibility to work in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Sonoma State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity. We seek a broad spectrum of candidates including members of underrepresented groups. Individuals with disabling conditions who require accommodation during the recruitment process may contact the ADA Coordinator at 707/664-2227 or TDD (using the California Relay Service) at 877/735-2929.