Some 183 staff and faculty who had reached a service milestone during the 2012 calendar year were recognized at the Service Awards celebration in Weill Hall lobby recently. The recipients, joined by President Arminana, Extended Cabinet and other members of the campus walked down memory lane as they reflected upon their careers at Sonoma State University. Continue Reading 'Service Awards Walk Down Memory Lane...'
The Student Health Center has been re-accredited for the eighth year by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health care - www.AAAHC.org. It is the maximum duration possible. Continue Reading 'Student Health Center...'
Join our graduates and their families on Saturday, May 11 for Commencement 2013, a special day when our students celebrate their achievements. The success of the day depends entirely on the teamwork of SSU employees; those people who interact and support students throughout their years with us. Continue Reading 'It is Time to Sign Up for 2013 Commencement...'
SSU’s Alumni Association is hosting part one of its first webinar series on Tuesday, March 19 at 11 a.m. with an hour-long presentation on new, simple and actionable strategies to benefit your personal brand and your business in this new “word of mouth economy.” Continue Reading 'Alumni Association...'
Learn more about customizing your home page on CSYou, the Systemwide Employee Intranet in the second in a series of webcasts on Wednesday, March 6 Continue Reading 'CSYou Webinar...'
Catch someone doing something great? Click here to nominate them for an Applause Award.
- Administrative Staff, Technicians, Department Chairs, Department Faculty and Facilities from the School of Science & Technology and Facilities Department
- "A huge THANK YOU to all of the School of Science & Technology staff and faculty along with the dedicated facilities members - particularly Craig Dawson and Christopher Dinno - for your incredible response to the recent Darwin basement flood. We are GRATEFUL for all of the extra effort you have given to move classes and re-build laboratories. Your dedicated service goes above and beyond and has been essential to getting through this rough time. Here's to you ALL! "
- –– Nominated by Lynn Stauffer, Dean, School of Science and Technology, January 24, 2013
- Media Services, Information Technology Department
- "I am one of the professors unable to use my smart classroom in the Darwin basement. Media services has bent over backwards to make each of my temporary classrooms "smart." They have wheeled equipment over and set it up efficiently and cheerfully. There have never been excuses for why it can't be done and they have made great use of their resources. In turn, the nursing students in my research class haven't had their learning compromised. Thank you!"
- –– Nominated by Jeanette Koshar RN, NP, PhD, Professor, Nursing, January 23, 2013
Staff Appreciation Day
Mark your calendars!
The 2013 Staff Appreciation Day is scheduled for Thursday, May 23. Details of the event will be announced in Workplace and the Employee Services website in the coming weeks.
Jamila Dozier - Service with a Smile
Jamila Dozier spent her K-12 education attending Catholic school in San Francisco, and when she began as a freshman at Sonoma State University she admits it was “a tough transition.” From uniforms and classes on religion to the atmosphere of SSU, Dozier was able to find a common link between these two environments in the form of community service. Continue Reading 'Jamila Dozier - Service...'
This & That
Spring 2013 Faculty Workshops
Professional Development Subcommittee and the Provost are sponsoring workshops for SSU faculty in the next two months. All faculty are invited to participate. To review and register for a workshop, visit: http://bit.ly/i6x8BS.
Learning and Teaching with Technology from CATS
As part of the CSU's Community of Academic Technology Staff's (CATS) 16th annual conference, a one-day regional meeting, will be held on Friday, March 22. Scheduled are a variety of sessions about learning and teaching with technology that might be of interest to you, your colleagues, and/or the faculty with whom you work. Those who register by March 13, receive a free lunch.
For registration details, follow this link to the day's program: http://confsys.csuprojects.org/weekly_schedule.cfm?confid=27
For further information, contact, Abbe Altman, CATS Program Manager, Center for Distributed Learning, CSU Systemwide LMS Services & DAT Support, 4-4341.