TO: Campus community
FR: Missy Brunetta, Director for Emergency Services/Associate Risk Manager, on behalf of the COVID Monitoring and Compliance Team
Sonoma State University was notified of a positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The exposure occurred on the following dates and times:
- Zinfandel Hall (classrooms) on September 23 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Anyone determined to have had close, direct contact or other direct exposure with the COVID positive individual will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team, based on university records and exposure investigations.
Important reminders and resources:
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times
- Practice physical distancing when possible
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Report all COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated
- Get tested at the COVID-19 Testing Center on campus, if you believe you may have been exposed or have symptoms
- Find up-to-date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well.