TO: Campus community
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management and Safety Services on behalf of the COVID Monitoring and Compliance Team
Sonoma State University was notified of a positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The exposure occurred on the following dates and times:
- Recreation Center on September 20 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Salazar Hall (all floors) on September 20 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Ives Hall basement and 1st floor on September 20 and September 22 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Anyone determined to have had close, direct contact or other direct exposure with the COVID positive individual will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team by 12 p.m. tomorrow, based on university records and exposure investigations. Due to the nature of the exposure, no areas or facilities will be closed to the campus.
Important reminders and resources:
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times
- Practice physical distancing when possible
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Report all COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated
- Get tested at the COVID-19 Testing Center on campus, if you believe you may have been exposed or have symptoms
- Find up-to-date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well.