Position Classification and ReclassificationRuben Armiñana
It is the policy of Sonoma State University when dealing with changes in positions that could affect compensation or classification to use the following guidelines:
- The University is committed to the principle of equal pay for
- The University shall follow collective bargaining agreement
articles on classification 5, reclassifications, and pay actions.
- The classification and qualifications standards, as published by
the Chancellor's Office of the California State University, are the
guidelines used for determination of classification level.
- Prior to altering an employee's assignments or responsibilities to
the extent that the classification level may be changed, the
department must consult with the Office of Human Services - Human
Resources to assess potential classification change and cost
- The effective date for salary changes as a result of
reclassification actions will be the date the assignment or
responsibilities were changed.
- For MPP (Management Personnel Plan) classification actions, the department head proposing the change will meet with Human Resources staff who will conduct a review and make an advisory recommendation to the President regarding the salary for the MPP position change.
Updated August 18, 1998 by SSU.firstname.lastname@example.org