Public Lectures Hosted by Social Science
Brown Bag Lecture Series, Fall 2015
The Brown Bag Lecture Series is free and open to faculty, staff, students, and interested others. Bring your brown bag lunch, a drink, relax, and enjoy hearing and discussing current research by faculty in the School of Social Sciences at 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. in Stevenson 2011.
- September 29, 2015: Amy Kittelstrom, History. Title: “Soccer in the World, the World in Soccer”
- October 20, 2015: Peter Phillips, Sociology. Title “Private Mercenary Companies in Service to Transitional Corporate Class: Emerging Global Fascism”
- October 27, 2015: Elisa Velasquez, Psychology. Title: "Multicultural Training in Higher Education"
- November 3, 2015: Heather Smith, Psychology. Title: "Why Does Campus Climate Matter? Discrimination, university identification and student mental health"
- November 17, 2015: Maria Hess, Psychology. Title: "Humanidad Therapy and Education"
- December 1, 2015: James Joseph Dean, Sociology. Title: "Transwomen and Queer San Francisco: Queer/Straight Border Wars and the Sexual Continuum"