Welcome to the Student Health Advisory Committee!
What is the Student Health Advisory Committee?
SHAC is a student group that assists and advises the Student Health Center by identifying campus health-related issues and expressing student perspectives. SHAC’s guidance and interactions help publicize and enhance the quality of Health Center services as well as the health and wellbeing of the campus community.
Why belong to SHAC?
SHAC members have an opportunity to:
- Collaborate with other students and Student Health Center staff
- Advise the Health Center Director and others about Student Health Center programs, services, and operations
- Advocate for the health concerns and needs of students
- Join in outreach and health promotion activities
- Gain leadership, organizational, and hands-on skills and experience
- Explore health and other careers
- Prepare for post graduate study or training
- Connect on campus in a meaningful way
Membership is open to all regularly enrolled SSU Students and is intended to be widely representative of the student body.
Students interested in more information or wishing to join SHAC are encouraged to call the Student Health Center at 707 664-2921, email us at email@example.com, sign up on Org Sync, and/or come to a SHAC meeting.
SHAC meets in the Student Health Center (room 175) every other Thursday from noon to 12:50 during the regular academic year. Click to view the current SHAC meeting schedule. All Interested regularly enrolled SSU students are welcome. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions about SHAC.