It was an accident. You weren't planning on it! But suddenly you are acutely ill or injured and having difficulty getting where you need to go on campus.
If you are a regularly enrolled SSU student, the following services are available to assist you.
1. Emergency First Response: SSU Police & Parking Services is the designated 24/7 first responder for on campus emergencies. Call 911 or 664-4444.2. Medical Care:
- SSU students can be evaluated and treated on-campus by Student Health Center (SHC) physicians during regular weekday working hours. Call 707 664-2921.
- There is no charge for basic medical visits to the SHC, but students are financially responsible to the providing entity for the medical services they receive off-campus.
3. Mobility Assistance Devices:
➔Student Health Center (707) 664-2921 for SSU Student patients under SHC medical care.
- Short-term loan of medically recommended crutches, cane, or walker.
- Short term wheel chair rental (up to 5 days) if available, as recommended by a SHC physician.
➔SSU Recreation Center (707) 664-4386 has a wheelchair
- For single temporary use from the Rec Center to an on-campus location (dorm, car, SHC) for unexpected accidental mobility limitation.
➔ Off-campus rentals - Redwood Empire Medical Supply 707-585-6800, delivery available for a fee.
- Wheel chairs or knee walker/scooters by the week $30, or month $90.
- Electric Scooters by the week/$100 or month/$200.
- Prices subject to change,contact company this company directly for information
- Students are financially responsible for their off campus rental and delivery fees. For those with health insurance, this may be a covered expense. Check with your insurance company.
4. Passenger drop off areas and campus accessibility information: See the Campus Accessibility map for handicapped parking, drop off areas nearest your classes, as well as accessible campus pathways and entrances to buildings;
5. Disabled Parking:
- A 30-day Temporary Disabled Parking Permit may be obtained upon approval by qualifying students from the SSU Disability Services for Students (DSS) office, Salazar 1049, 707 664-2677. See Temporary Disabled Parking Guidelines Read page 1 and page 2 for guidelines & procedures. Temporary Parking Application
- Disabled Parkingpermits for longer than 30 days require a DMV placard. Applications are available from the DMV on-line DMV placard Form or from the DSS office.
6. SSU Disability Services for Students office (Salazar 1049, 707 664-2677) also provides:
- Temporary Disability Accommodation Services (e.g., Note-taking assistance due to an injured arm/hand).
- Disability Management Advising (e.g., Opportunity to meet with an advisor to discuss the barriers you are facing related to your unique situation).
7. Residence Halls: If you need assistance with your SSU Residence Halls living / eating circumstances due to a temporary mobility limitation, call the Residential Life Office at 664-4033.
At this time there is no shuttle transportation option at SSU