Medical Appointments at the Student Health Center
- The majority of medical visits to the Student Health Center are by advance appointment.
- Appointments are typically scheduled between 8 am and 4 pm M-F. Appointments can be scheduled until 5 pm on special extended hours clinic Mondays during the academic year.
- Because appointments on any day often fill early, students should call 707 664-2921 as far in advance as possible to make an appointment. Appointments for acute onset medical circumstances warranting same day attention are more likely to be available if the patient calls early in the day.
- Students walking in without an appointment are typically seen for urgent circumstances only. Unless such an individual is in imminent danger, he/she can expect to wait longer after arriving at the Health Center than patients with appointments. Depending on the medical circumstance and staff availability, a walk-in visit may consist of brief triage and stabilization, with in-depth care provided at a subsequent scheduled visit.
- Some “nurse only” walk-ins for immunizations or TB testing may be accommodated in the morning, typically before 10 am, on a staff available basis.
Late Cancellation and No show fees
- Patients must cancel or reschedule any appointment they will not be keeping to free the time slot up for another student. Cancel as far in advance as possible (preferably 12 hours or more).
- A late cancellation fee/no show fee of $16 is charged to any student who fails to cancel at least 4 hours in advance. Same day appointments that will not be kept must be cancelled in advance, even if there is less than 4 hours between the time the appointment was made and the actual appointment time.
- A late cancellation/no show fee of $20 is charged to for failure to cancel an appointment with a specialist (such as the psychiatrist) or that is 1/2 hour or more in duration. Appointments with a specialist must be cancelled or is at least 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellations must be made in person or by phone during the regular operating hours of the Health Center. If this isn’t possible, an after-hours voice mail message can be left at 707 664-2921. Give your name, the date and time of the appointment to be cancelled and, if possible, the doctor or nurse practitioner your appointment is scheduled with. Call the next morning during operating hours to confirm voice mail cancellations and/or to reschedule the cancelled appointment.