UPCOMING EVENTS: The Excellence in Teaching Award Reception, March 2, 5:00pm, Ballroom B, for this year's recipients- Lauren Morimoto and Lena McQuade
SAVE THE DATES!
- Mini Conference and Investitture of President Judy Sakaki, April 20, 2017
- Commencements in Weill Hall, May 20 & 21 - The Provost's office has purchased regalia for faculty to borrow for the ceremonies.
Nominations are now open for the Spring 2017 Election
“A governance system is merely a structure that allocates authority, and authority needs to be exercised if even the most appropriate allocation of it is to have its intended effects. . . faculty members must be willing to participate in decision-making processes over which a sound governance system gives them authority. . .if they do not, authority will drift away from them, since someone must exercise it, and if members of the faculty do not, others will.” (AAUP statement On the Relationship of Faculty Governance to Academic Freedom - available in the Senate office)
To all faculty teaching 7.5 units or more or on the tenure track:
The following positions are open for nomination in faculty governance. You may self-nominate. If you nominate another, please gain their permission.
- Chair of the Faculty - one year term, may run once again
- Vice Chair of the Faculty - one year term, may run once again
- Secretary of the Senate - one year term
- Statewide Senator - three year term, travel
- At-Large Senator - three year term
- Lecturer Senator - three year term
- At-Large member to the Senate Diversity Subcommittee - three year term
- One member for URTP - full profs only - three year term
If you wish to run for any position, please send in a ballot statement or use the form here. Send your statement to both Carmen Works and Laurel Holmstrom-Keyes. The deadline for submission is February 27th. If you have any questions about any position, please contact the Senate office, ST1027, 664-2801.