Guidelines for Preparing Minutes for Faculty Governance Committees
- Please prepare your minutes in Word and do them as soon after the meeting as possible.
- Please use the file naming convention: APCmins2_10_08.doc – the acronym of the committee followed by “mins” followed by the full date separated by underlines.
- Record the name of the committee, the date, time and place of the meeting, who was present and absent.
- Record any decisions made by the committee and record who is responsible for following through on any decisions.
- Record who took the minutes.
- Record anything else the committee would like reflected in the minutes. Note that according to Robert’s Rules, only motions and decisions need be recorded in the minutes.
- Minutes should only be printed if absolutely necessary. Always cc a copy to the Senate office.