Rental Car Contract
The State of California has entered into a contract with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. Daily and weekly rates below are effective through December 31, 2013. The Primary vendor is Enterprise Rent-A-Car for all government travel. In the event that Enterprise Rent-A-Car is unable to provide service, National Car Rental must be used. The only acceptable method of payment is via American Express Government card clearly marked "Sonoma State University" and issued in the employee's name.
|Company||Corporate I. D.||Effective Date||Base Daily Rate||Maximum Daily Rate||Telephone|
|NACA055||Jan. 1, 2013||
|NACA055||Jan. 1, 2013||
SSU employees are required to use one of the companies listed above when traveling on University business. Please request the "State Contract Rate" when making your reservation. It is important to give the corporate identification number to ensure proper rate and insurance coverage for the rental. Rates will include unlimited mileage, provided the car is returned to the renting location or other drop point authorized by the company at the time of pickup. The maximum rate incorporates the rental of the vehicle, itemized list of airport access fees, vehicle license fees, State, City and County or local surcharges, and $300,000 insurance protection per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage combined. Sales tax and refueling charges are not included in the rate. Employees should not agree to purchase insurance and will not be reimbursed for insurance charges within the 48 Continental U.S. states. The cost of full collision coverage for rental cars used in Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. possessions, and foreign countries, is allowable.
Rates quoted will not be subject to blackout dates and do not require a minimum rental period. If the Company provides a vehicle not included in the contract or authorizes a different rate, the terms and the conditions of this Agreement will nevertheless apply. The rental agency may periodically decrease or increase rates below this maximum. The current rate shall be quoted to the state traveler at the time of reservation. The rates listed above are applicable nationwide excluding the state of New York.
Not all rental companies honor the contract for rentals outside of California. When making reservations, please ask if the rental company will honor the State Contract Rate.
Additional charges for insurance coverage will not be reimbursed if a non-contract agency is used, unless no car rental company in the area has such an agreement with the University. Adequate justification for use of a non-contract company will be required on travel expense claims to obtain reimbursement.
When making on line out of area reservations, the corporate identification number (NACA055) is required along with the PIN "son."
Rental of 15 passenger vans are prohibited. A 15 passenger van means any van manufactured to accomodate 15 passengers, including the driver, regardless of whether the van has been altered to accomodate fewer that 15 passengers.
Drop Charges and One-Way Rental Information
State travelers must notify the renting company when a vehicle cannot be returned to the renting location as specified in the rental agreement. One-way Drop Charges will apply.
Weekly rate for the contract companies is six times the daily rate.
Local Car Rental Prices (Effective September 20, 2011)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car/Leasing (707) 586-5600
- Please note, our Rental Contract Number is R60714 and it must be used to guarantee rates and coverage.
- Specialty vehicles and mini vans are now available at contract rates from Enterprise in Rohnert Park.
- Rental of 15 passenger vans are prohibited. A 15 passenger van means any van manufactured to accomodate 15 passengers, including the driver, regardless of whether the van has been altered to accomodate fewer that 15 passengers.
Agreement has been reached with Enterprise Rent-A-Car for rentals that originate from and return to the campus (trips previously covered by the campus vehicle pool). The following chart reflects the pricing structure currently in place with the local office of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. These rates are valid for University business travel only.
|Class/Size of Vehicle||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Mid-Size/Intermediate: 5 seat belts||
|Full-Size: 5-6 seat belts||
|Mini-Van: 7 seat belts||
|FWD/Sport Utility Vehicle: 5-6 seat belts||
Note: These prices are subject to change and do not include sales tax or California Vehicle License Fee.
This agreement includes the following:
- Rates will always be in accordance with the California State Rental Rates
- Collision Damage Waiver and $250,000 liability coverage
- Requirement that drivers must be employees of the campus (paid or official volunteer)
- Renters and additional drivers must be licensed and at least 21 years of age or older. There is no additional charge for renters between the ages of 21-25.
- Delivery/pick-up of vehicles to the campus (48-hour notice recommended)
- Due to the wide variety of vehicles, reservations are made by car size only.
- Enterprise will guarantee reservations. If the car size reserved is not available, an upgrade to the next larger size vehicle will be provided at no additional cost.
- Enterprise is authorized to charge the average local "pump price" should the rented vehicle be returned with less gas than when it was originally rented.
- Enterprise may add a service charge of $2.00 for refueling if required.
- When reservations are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, Enterprise may charge a cancellation fee of up to $50 per vehicle. No cancellation charge will be assessed if the reason is late notice of a "rained out" sporting event.
- Mileage is unlimited. (Does not apply to the 3,000 mile cap on monthly rental rates.)
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Payment accepted via departmental CCP/Procard or American Express Government Card
- Enterprise has agreed to fax a receipt to the renter within 24 hours of rental return.
- The renter of Sonoma State University is responsible for returning the vehicle back to the delivered location, as well as placing the keys in the locked key-drop box.