Financial Services Forms
Please refer to the Financial Services website for the following forms:
- Employee Business Expense Reimbursement
- Hospitality Expense Approval
Individuals seeking reimbursement for small departmental expenditures may do so at Seawolf Services. Such expenditures are for occasional purchases of low value goods such as office supplies, books, art supplies, hardware, etc. Such purchases are not to exceed $50 per purchase (exclusive of sales tax). A list of procedures and allowable expenses follows for petty cash reimbursement. Feel free to stop by Seawolf Services or call us at (707) 664-2308 if you have any further questions.
- Invoices received for cash reimbursement must be listed on a disbursement voucher, using the Employee Business Expense Reimbursement form. A separate form must be provided for each vendor. A copy of the disbursement voucher may be obtained from Seawolf or Financial Services. Each submitted disbursement voucher for petty cash requires:
- Two signatures:
- the person requesting the funds
- the person authorized to sign for the funds
- An appropriate chart field string
- The business unit
- The description of item purchased and the transaction date
- All applicable original receipt(s) — All expenditures from the petty cash fund must be documented by a receipt showing the date, name of vendor, item(s) purchased, unit price, total cost, positive evidence that payment was made (i.e., cash register receipt or manual receipt marked "paid"), and the signature of the purchaser indicating receipt of goods. The disbursement voucher is to be prepared in duplicate; the original is to be provided to Seawolf Services, and a copy is to be retained by the department.
- Two signatures:
- Office supplies not available through Campus purchasing agreement
- Emergency repairs
- Books or operating manuals
- Art supplies
- Bridge tolls/parking
Expenses NOT Allowed
- Purchases of food, beverages, party and kitchen supplies, gifts, office decorations, hospitality and promotional items. However, ingredients purchased for scientific experiments are allowed.
- Hazardous Materials; e.g. antifreeze, motor oil, oil filters, gasoline; waxes and polishes, auto batteries, engine cleaners, brake fluid; paints, paint thinner, wood preservatives and finishes; glues and adhesives, solvents, photo chemicals; weed killers, pesticides, medications and syringes.
- Modeling/consulting or outside service fees
- Personal expenditures and obligations (such as traffic, parking citations, LDW)
- Travel expenditures (with the exception of bridge tolls or parking fees)
Please review the SSU Hospitality Policy regarding purchases for scientific experiments and promotional items.