Department Learning Goals
The Psychology Department curriculum is arranged to develop the following skills in each student by graduation. The courses are designed to enable each student to:
• Understand the major concepts, theories, and perspectives in psychology;
• Apply psychological theories, concepts, and principles to individual experience as well as to broader social issues and social systems;
• Reflect on personal experience in light of psychological knowledge;
• Recognize and understand the complexity of cultural diversity in light of psychological knowledge;
• Understand and apply basic research methods in psychology and the social sciences; and
• Demonstrate skills that promote behavioral change at the individual, organizational, and community levels.