Crime Alerts & Bulletins
Date: October 2, 2013
The Sonoma State University Police are providing this timely warning notice of a criminal incident that occurred in our community in compliance with the Federal Jeanne Clery Act and in order to provide information that may help others avoid becoming a victim of a similar crime.
On October 2, 2013, SSU Police Services received a report of a residential burglary that occurred in Zinfandel Village between the hours of 1:30 a.m. and 7:20 a.m. Access was made through an unlocked sliding glass door. Items stolen included video games, DVD’s, a video game system/controller, and a long board style skate board.
Anyone with information about this crime is urged to call SSU Police Officer Ed Weamer or the Police Supervisor on duty at (707) 664-4444.
The University would like to remind the campus community to:
- Always lock doors and windows of your cars and residences both on and off campus
- Always take items of value with you. If you must leave items of value in a vehicle place and lock in the truck and out of sight
- Engrave electronics and valuables with identification numbers and keep serial numbers and descriptions of valuable property to aid in the recovery in the event it is stolen.
- Report all suspicious persons or activity at SSU to SSU immediately
- If you see a crime in progress, call 911
Back to Crime Alerts & Bulletins