It is the policy of Sonoma State University to extend to staff members upon their retirement certain honors and privileges and to encourage their ongoing and mutually beneficial association with the university.
Eligibility: All staff of Sonoma State University and its auxiliaries who have fully retired from permanent employee status are eligible for the designation of Retired University Employee. (This policy does not apply to Faculty as defined by the Constitution of the Academic Senate of Sonoma State University, who are covered by the Policy on Faculty Emeritus.)
Procedure: The Human Services Office shall notify employees upon retirement of their eligibility and shall invite them to request a Retired University Employee identification card.
Honors and Privileges:
- Announcement in appropriate campus publication(s)
- Invitations to major University functions and ceremonies.
- Option of inclusion on various campus mailing lists for events and publications.
- Library card and privileges that are available to staff employees.
- Free admission, as circumstances permit, to University events, performances, and parking.
Updated February 8, 1999 by SSU.email@example.com