Symphonic Wind Ensemble Auditions
Welcome to the SSU Symphonic Wind Ensemble!
Rehearsals are T/TH 3:00-4:50 pm in room 1028 at the Green Music Center.
The first rehearsal is Thursday, Jan. 17 at 3:00 pm.
- Auditions will be held January 14-16, 2013 in the GMC Practice Studios.
- All students and community members wishing to participate in the Wind Ensemble must go through the audition.
Monday Jan. 14 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday Jan. 15 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Wednesday Jan. 16 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
To Schedule an Audition
- Contact Dr. Andy Collinsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Audition music for all instruments is located in the pdf. Please open the file and scroll down to find and print the music for your instrument.
The Audition consists of:
- Scales: Major and minor scales for each instrument are provided in the file.
- Prepared excerpts: Excerpts for each instrument are provided in the file.
- Sight Reading: Brief sight-reading excerpt will be provided at the audition.
Percussionists note:There are two separate sets of audition material— one for snare drum and one for mallets (vibes and bells).
Due to room scheduling, Percussionists should arrange to audition Tuesday Jan. 15 between 3:00-5:00 pm.
- Practice the audition material slowly with a metronome.
- Don’t cram— it’s better to play through your material more frequently for shorter amounts of time as opposed to a long, “last-minute” practice session.
- Plan to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your audition in order to assemble your instrument and warm-up.