- NEW FALL 2015! French Language Certificate for Wine Business
Students interested in pursuing studies in Wine Business might also consider pursuing the French Language Certificate for Wine Business. Contact Prof. Suzanne Toczyski, email@example.com for details.
- Reilly French Scholarship
- Henri Cardinaux Memorial Scholarship
- Bay Area Francophile List
- Alliance Française de Santa Rosa
- International Programs
- Teaching English in France
- Chanter français! French 202 students perform their Final for Spring 2011
The purpose of the French major is to enable students to attain an advanced level of competency in speaking, listening, reading and writing, and to provide them with a comprehensive knowledge of the historic and contemporary culture and institutions of France and the francophone world.
The French language is studied not as an end in itself, but as a vehicle for students' broader and more informed participation in their chosen fields. Courses taken abroad in the CSU International Program may be counted toward the major or minor or as an elective credit. Programs are available in Aix-en-Provence, Paris and Québec.
For additional information about the French program or about the Sonoma State French Club (Le Cercle français de SSU), contact either Christine Renaudin at 707.664.3159 or Suzanne Toczyski at 707.664.4177
Why a French Major?
Please visit the French Club web site.