Student Seawolf Email
Email Client Instructions for Students
SSU uses Google Apps for Education to provide email, calendar and other applications to all SSU students. Your Seawolf Email account has access to Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs and a variety of other Google Apps. These can be accessed via a web browser, or you can use one of the supported email clients described below.
- Login to SSU Online Services to access Gmail: You are required to log in to the portal page to access your Seawolf Email account with a web browser. You cannot login directly via Google.
Client Configuration Instructions: How to configure Outlook, Thunderbird, Smartphones.
- Gmail's general configuration page
- Gmail Client configuration page for IMAP connections (recommended)
- Gmail client configuration page for POP
Important Notes about Gmail and Email Clients
- While following instructions on configuring email clients, you will need to use your firstname.lastname@example.org as your username.
- Our affiliation with Google is considered part of the Google Apps agreement.
- We recommend using IMAP as does Google but you do have the option of using POP if preferred.
- You can not access Gmail by going directly to www.gmail.com.
More info about Gmail at SSU if you have additional questions.
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Help Desk at 664-4357.