Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing
Beginning Summer 2013, Faculty will be able to use Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing services via Moodle.
Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing application with features such as:
- two-way audio
- multi-point video
- interactive whiteboard
- application and desktop sharing
- rich media
- breakout rooms
- and session recording.
Faculty and other Moodle Teachers may create Collaborate sessions in their Moodle classes to be used with students and other guests.
SSU Employees who aren't faculty may also have access to create and moderate Blackboard Collaborate sessions via Moodle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Collaborate has a learning curve! Faculty who wish to use Collaborate with their classes should first carefully review the training materials below. IT advises that Faculty should also create a practice session before attempting to use Collaborate with a "live audience."
Collaborate System Requirements
Documentation and Training Links for Collaborate Moderators
Moodle users who have the Teacher role in a course automatically have the Collaborate Moderator role in any Collaborate sessions in that course. Moderators run a session, and can give other participants acess to various functionality in Collaborate.
- Moodle & Collaborate for Web Conferencing User's Guide (PDF)
- Getting Started for Moderators Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Accessibility Guide (PDF)
- Overview for Moderators (recording)
- Mobile Web Conferencing Session Management Tips for Moderators (PDF)
- Introduction to the Participants Panel (PDF)
- Using the Audio & Video Panel (PDF)
- Using Chat (PDF)
- Audio Setup Wizard (PDF)
- Loading a PowerPoint File (PDF)
- Using the Whiteboard (PDF )
- Using the Whiteboard (recording)
- Using the Polling Feature Wizard (PDF)
- Using Application Sharing (PDF)
- Using Application Sharing (recording)
- Using Web Tour (PDF)
- Using Web Tour (recording)
- Using Telephony (PDF)
- Getting Started with Recordings (PDF)
Documentation for Students and other Participants
Faculty who use Blackboard Collaborate should provide the following links to their students and other Collaborate participants.
- Student Accessibility Guide (PDF)
- Getting Started for Participants Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Participant Orientation (recording)
- Getting Started with Mobile Web Conferencing for Participants Quick Reference Guide (PDF)