ON THE COVER
Fiber optic cable is a familiar sight at the companies of Telecom Valley which neighbor SSU. With light emitted from the many filaments, the cable stands as a symbol of the multitude of ways Sonoma State has an impact upon the surrounding region.
version of the entire issue is available here.
Sonoma Insights is the University magazine of Sonoma State University. It is published twice each year by the University Affairs Office. The print version is distributed to alumni, faculty, staff, parents of students and friends of SSU.
- THE SSU IMPACT After conducting an extensive economic and social impact study, it is apparent that the CSU is changing the state of California, and Sonoma State is making a huge impact in the North Bay. This issue of Insights looks at the numbers and gives a “face” to the impact of Sonoma State University.
- Locally Grown The rise of large, discount franchises and the Internet only serve to inspire alumnus Tom Montan, the marketing whiz for a Sonoma County bookstore.
- Demand and Supply When local telecommunications companies asked Sonoma State to assist in providing highly trained professionals, the University responded.
- CSI Sonoma
Crime Scene Investigation intern Aaron Damm uncovers the real world of forensics.
- Get Physical
Unlike any other program in the area, Sidekicks gives developmentally challenged children a place to get in the game and have fun.
- Quantum Star
Music assistant professor Lynne Morrow finds the promise in music theater.
- Elite Educators They could get a job anywhere, but these educators chose to put their skills to work in
- CSA and Student Residential Life Staff
- Give us your thoughts about Insights magazine
- Test pylons drive Green Music Center closer to reality