Annual Benefits Open Enrollment
The annual benefits Open Enrollment period for CSU employees is September 12, 2016, through October 7, 2016. The effective date for all changes made during Open Enrollment will be January 1, 2017.
During the open enrollment period, eligible employees may:
- Enroll in or change health or dental plans;
- Add or remove spouse, domestic partner or eligible dependents to/from health and/or dental plan;
- Elect or cancel FlexCash. If you have other non-CSU medical and/or dental coverage, you may elect the FlexCash Plan which pays you cash in lieu of CSU coverage;
- Elect participation or re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) or the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA). If you are participating in 2016, and want to continue participation in 2017, you must re-enroll during open enrollment.
SSU Open Enrollment Fair
On Wednesday, September 21, 2016, we will be hosting an in-person Open Enrollment Fair in the Student Center, Ballroom B from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. We have invited participating health plan representatives who will be available to answer your questions. In addition, the dental and vision providers as well as some of the other voluntary benefit vendors will also be available at the fair. Enrollment forms and supplemental material will be available for employees.
2017 Health Program Highlights
- CalPERS Health Plan Changes for 2017 - Beginning January 2017:
- Blue Shield NetValue (HMO) is no longer being offered in 2017. Current enrollees will be automatically moved into the Blue Shield Access+ health plan if they do not make a change during Open Enrollment. Most providers currently participating in the Blue Shield NetValue also participate in Blue Shield Access+ health plan.
- Effective January 1, 2017, Optum Rx will be the new Pharmacy Benefits Manager for all of CalPERS' health plans with the exception of Kaiser and Blue Shield of California (HMO) plans. CalPERS active members can reach Optum Rx Member Services at (855) 505-8106. Members can also log into Optum's web site at www.optumrx.com/calpers.
- Health Net SmartCare is expanding into Marin County.
- All health plans will implement a diabetes prevention program that meets the Center for Disease control and Prevention's "Diabetes Prevention Recognition Standards and Operating Procedures," at no additional cost to employees. This benefit is designed to reach pre-diabetic plan members to prevent or reduce the onset of Type 2 diabetes.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) and/or Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) permit you to set aside a portion of your pay on a pre-tax basis to reimburse yourself for eligible expenses. If you are currently enrolled in the DCRA and/or HCRA, and wish to continue participation in the plan(s), you are required to re-enroll annually during open enrollment
- For 2017, the maximum annual contributions for HCRA will remain at $2,550. The maximum annual contribution for DCRA will remain at $5,000
- Flexible Spending Account Debit Card for HCRA Enrollees - as a reminder, HCRA enrollees are eligible to receive an optional Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) debit card. A set of two cards will be mailed to their home and additional card sets are available for $5 which will be billed to their FSA HCRA account. The optional “ASIFlex Visa” issued by ASIFlex, allows HCRA enrollees to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses (i.e., health, dental, vision, etc.) as payment at Health Care Providers and at certain retail locations that have implemented an Inventory Control System, per IRS regulations. Employees must submit the Debit Card Application directly to ASIFlex to enroll in the debit card. For more information about the debit card, please visit the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal at: www.calstate.edu/hr/benefitsportal/
- FSA claim payments are issued daily. Claims can be filed online at www.asiflex.com, through the ASIFlex Mobile Application, by fax or mail.
- Vision Plan - The CSU is pleased to continue providing employees and their eligible dependents with a comprehensive vision plan for the 2017 plan year. The rates for the employer sponsored vision plan administered by Vision Service Provider (VSP) will remain the same for the 2017 plan year. CSU employees will also receive a 20% savings on amounts over allowances.
- CalPERS Web Video - CalPERS offers an on-demand video that provides information from expert health plan representatives. Also included with this video are downloadable materials for the 2017 health plans. The video is available on CalPERS On-Line at www.calpers.ca.gov.
- Voluntary Benefits - The following voluntary benefits are offered through payroll deductions:
|Auto and Home Insurance 1-866-680-5142||California Casualty|
|Critical Illness Plan 1-800-433-3036||Aflac|
|MetLaw Legal Plan 1-800-438-6388||Hyatt Legal Plan, Inc.|
|Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance 1-800-378-5745||The Standard|
|Voluntary Life Insurance 1-800-378-5745||The Standard|
|Voluntary Long Term Disability 1-800-378-5745||The Standard|
|TSA Program 1-800-343-0860||Fidelity Investments|
- Additional information regarding these voluntary benefit plans and how to enroll can be found on the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal at: www.calstate.edu/hr/benefitsportal/. Please note that all of the above voluntary benefit plans, with the exception of the MetLaw Legal plan, allow employees to enroll throughout the year. Rates for The Standard Voluntary plans are listed in the 2017 Voluntary Standard Rates sheet.
- MetLaw Legal Plan - This is your annual opportunity to enroll in the MetLaw Legal Plan for a low monthly premium. The monthly premium rate of $21.70 will remain the same for the 2017 plan year. The MetLaw Legal Plan offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., provides representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents. Participants can receive services from a Network or Out-of-Network attorney. Services for covered legal matters performed by a Network attorney are fully paid for by the plan. Out-of-Network attorney fees for covered services are reimbursed based on a set fee schedule. Employees that do not enroll in the plan during open enrollment, will not have another opportunity to enroll in the plan until next year’s open enrollment period.
- CSU Dental Program - There are no benefit changes. Dental premiums will continue to be fully paid by the CSU for the 2017 plan year
To make an Open Enrollment change, please:
- Complete the Benefits Enrollment Information Worksheet. All forms are due in the Payroll and Benefits Office by Friday, October 7, 2016
- Your benefits will not change until January 1, 2017
- CalPERS Open Enrollment News
- 2017 CalPERS Health Benefits Program Basic Plan Rates
- To enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA)and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA), please complete the HCRA/DCRA Enrollment Form
- CSU Open Enrollment Guidebook
- CSYou Open Enrollment Website
- CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal
If there is a discrepancy between this information and the official plan documents and contracts, the official documents will always govern.