Campus Housing Advantages
Live in a place where you can pursue your academics, develop lifelong friendships, feel safe in your neighborhood, and escape traditional dormitories. There are many advantages to living on campus for both new freshman and transfer students. Here are some reasons to consider living with us:
- Access to staff, faculty and services.
- Close proximity to classrooms, library, and campus events.
- Academic programs within the Residential Community that are built on strong peer and faculty support.
- Comfortable and attractive residential suites and apartments.
- Develop friendships and discover opportunities to get connected to SSU.
- Unlimited sponsored social, cultural, and educational events.
Based on SSU's enrollment our Residential Community is one of the most residential campus of the California State University system. Our variety of living areas will assist you with your transition, enhance your residential experience, and promote a community atmosphere.
Here in the Residential Community at Sonoma State, you will discover a place to learn, grow, share, and call home. By living on campus, you are giving yourself a wonderful opportunity to engage with other students and develop beyond the classroom. You will find that the services and amenities provided here will facilitate your success; both within our community and beyond.
- Fully Furnished Suites with living room and bedroom furniture.
- Fully Furnished Apartments with living room and bedroom furniture and full modern kitchens.
- The Kitchens with made to order grilled items, soup and salad bar, vegetarian and non-vegetarian menus. (First time freshman required meal plan offers several eating establishments with convenient long hours.)
- Vending and Laundry Machines conveniently located throughout community with 24 hour access.
- University Police are centrally located in the Residential Community to ensure the best security and safety for all residents.
- Events and Workshops cover unlimited social and cultural topics, and educational programming.
We like to think that our Residential Community operates much like a five star hotel accommodation but without the daily housekeeping, fresh linens and towels, and in-room food service. The following is included in the contracted rate for the year:
- Two Swimming Pools and Spas located in the Zinfandel and Beaujolais Villages
- Recreational Areas throughout the Community for individual or group play.
- Campus Recreation Center is centrally located with gymnasiums for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and a climbing wall.
- Jean and Charles Schulz Information Center, modern and innovative, is centrally located, containing the University Library and Information Technology with state-of-art services in computing, media, and telecommunications.
- High-speed wireless network access through out the Residential Community.
- Fully Furnished Apartments feature mahogany or cherry stained bedroom furniture, comfortable and attractive living room furniture, and dining tables and chairs for six or four person apartments.
- Modern Kitchens with refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, dishwasher and range/oven. Beaujolais apartments have Corian© countertops, laminated flooring and black appliances.
- Shower Combination Tubs in all bathrooms.
- Refrigerator Provided in suites is 2.9 cubic foot in the living room. Our eight and nine person suites are stocked with two refrigerators.
- All Inclusive Utilities such as cable, electricity, and internet.
- Housing is Close-In: Proximity to the Campus Recreation Center, Student Center, shopping, and many dining venues makes them easily accessible.