Goals of the Master Plan Revision
The following are identified goals of the Master Plan Revision.
One of the purposes of the Outreach Program is to create an opportunity
for expanding, revising, and/or refining these goals.
- Reinforce campus identity and image, reflecting its place and culture
- Provide facilities to effectively support the University's academic
- Provide more on-campus housing opportunities
- Provide better access from on-campus housing to a variety of student
- Use existing campus resources to the fullest extent, by appropriate
use of currently underutilized developed space. Develop additional space
only as needed.
- Plan for optimal utilization of existing and new infrastructure, roads,
- Incorporate concerns about energy efficiency
- Identify and protect important biotic resources on campus, including
- Provide good spaces for human interaction
- Promote a comprehensible campus development pattern, for both pedestrians
- Plan for areas of open space and its appropriate use
- Promote a sense of vitality on campus
- Strengthen the pedestrian orientation of the campus