The Political Reform Act requires that officials and employees, who are designated in an agency’s conflict of interest code, must file a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700, and disclose certain financial interests.
If your position has been identified as one that requires disclosure, please open the Form 700 and Instructions (pdf) at the Fair Political Practices Commission and complete page 5, the Cover Page. Information on your position’s disclosure(s) can be found in Attachment A of Coded Memorandum 2009-05. In addition, a sample Form 700 has been provided to assist you in completing the document.
Immediately contact the Managing Director of Employee Services, (707) 664-4265, if you have any questions about any action that you believe may constitute a conflict of interest.
For more information on complying with the CSU Conflict of Interest regulations, visit the following links on the CSU Conflict of Interest Policies and Programs web site.
Conflict of Interest Filing Process
- HR 2012-13 (pdf) 2013 Annual Filing
Designation of Filing Officers
Employment and Conflicts of Interest and Incompatible Activities
Principal Investigators - Conflict of Interest Policy Update
Public Contract Code Restrictions for CSU Employees
Forms and Publications
- Conflict of Interest Handbook (doc) (Prepared by the Office of General Counsel)
- Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests (pdf) (2012/2013)
- Form 700 Reference Pamphlet (pdf) (December 2012)
- Form 700-U Statement of Economic Interests for Principal Investigators (pdf) (2012/2013)
- Limitations and Restrictions on Gifts, Honoraria, Travel and Loans (pdf) (Fact Sheet, February 2010)
- Handbook for State Agency Filing Officials & Filing Officers, November 1997 (pdf) (campus Filing Officer contact Human Resources Administration, if needed)
- Ethics and Conflict of Interest Training (Web-based Instruction Module)