About the Award:
The Department of Environmental Studies and Planning (ENSP) at Sonoma State University is pleased to announce a research award for outstanding undergraduates engaged in projects addressing pressing environmental issues. This award is made possible due to the generous support of Dr. Amy Glasmeier, head of the Department of Urban Studies and Planning at MIT and former ENSP student. One award of $500 will be offered. All ENSP majors are eligible to apply for this award. The funds may be used for educational and project-related expenses.
- Cover letter: Applicants should provide a compelling 1-2 page narrative of her/his interest in and experience with environmental issues, evidence of leadership and innovation, and how the research award could facilitate your academic/professional development while at SSU and beyond. Thoughtful, well-crafted cover letters improve the likelihood that competitive applications will be identified during proposal evaluation.
- Project proposal: The 2 to 3-page research plan should include the
- Applicants name, contact information, academic advisor, and project title;
- Statement of the problem/question to be addressed;
- Statement of objectives;
- Approaches and methods;
- Anticipated results;
- Research/timeline schedule;
- Relevance of the research/project; and
- Literature cited.
Literature cited is not included in the 2 to 3-page limit.
Applications must be received in RCH 18, the ENSP office, by Noon on Thursday, April 25th.