Applying to ENSP
There are three ways of applying to the Environmental Studies and Planning (ENSP) major:
- A student may declare a major in ENSP when applying to Sonoma State University as a Freshman.
- A transfer student with 60 units or more may declare a major in ENSP if the academic requirements below are met.
- Once enrolled at SSU, a student may apply to change their major to ENSP if they meet the academic requirements and complete the application process outlined below.
Please note that even undeclared students must apply to the Department. All students considering this major should make an appointment to see a faculty member for academic advising prior to starting the program.
For Fall '13, applications are being accepted from October 1 - October 25. Applications are only accepted during a one or two window period each year so if you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
- Minimum Grade Point Average: 2.75. Attach a copy of your transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for this purpose). Applicants with a grade point average below 2.75 will be considered and may be accepted upon showing unique and compelling circumstances. Please include an explanation of those circumstances with your application.
Application Requirement: (in addition to the above Academic Requirement) for students currently enrolled at SSU who want to change their major):
- Write an essay of no more than 500 words, typed and double spaced. Explain how you became interested in the environment, your career goals, and why you feel ENSP is the right major for you.
- Complete Application to declare a major in Environmental Studies and Planning.
- Complete Change of Major form. (Obtain in ENSP Office RCH 18)
- Plan to meet with an advisor to discuss your study plan options.
If you have any questions regarding this process, feel free to visit Rachel Carson Hall 18 or call 707/664-2306.