Applying to ENSP
There are three ways of applying to the Environmental Studies and Planning (ENSP) major:
- A student may declare a major/minor in ENSP when applying to Sonoma State University as a Freshman.
- A transfer student with 60 units or more may declare a major/minor in ENSP if the academic requirements below are met.
- Once enrolled at SSU, a student may apply to change their major or minor to ENSP if they meet the academic requirements and complete the application process outlined below.
For currently enrolled students at SSU. Please note that even undeclared students must apply to the Department. All students considering this major/minor should make an appointment to see a faculty member for academic advising prior to starting the program.
For currently enrolled students at SSU, Spring '15, applications are being accepted from March 1 - March 27, 2015. Applications are only accepted during a one or two window period each year so if you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
- Minimum Grade Point Average: 2.75. Attach a copy of your transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for this purpose). Applicants with a grade point average below 2.75 will be considered and may be accepted upon showing unique and compelling circumstances. Please include an explanation of those circumstances with your application.
Application Requirement: (in addition to the above Academic Requirement) for students currently enrolled at SSU who want to change their major/minor:
- Write an essay of no more than 500 words, typed and double spaced. Explain how you became interested in the environment, your career goals, and why you feel ENSP is the right major/minor for you.
- Complete the ENSP Admission Application.
- Complete a Change of Major/Minor form. You do not have to declare a study plan/concentration when applying to the department but we encourage you to do so.
- Plan to meet with an advisor to discuss your study plan options.
- Submit application to office at Rachel Carson Hall 18 between March 1st 2015 and 4pm of March 27th 2015
If you have any questions regarding this process, feel free to visit Rachel Carson Hall 18 or call 707/664-2306.