- Continuing Students: Fall 2016 registration will begin on April 22 by appointment. Please check the schedule of classes for your 4-digit class codes.
- New Students: New students may not register until they have been formally accepted and have returned their enrollment deposit. To allow enough time for all admission processes to be completed, you will register during Second Pass registration beginning July 25. Do not worry; your classes will not fill.
When you are ready to register, go to Registration Basics.
Classes will begin on August 23, 2016. For further details, see the Academic Calendar.
Registration for Pre-Requisites
All conditionally-accepted MSCES students must complete their pre-requisite courses prior to registering. These courses are listed in your acceptance letter. When they are complete, please flll out the MSCES Academic Status Form and have it signed by the Graduate Coordinator.
Students who have been admitted conditionally based on completion of pre-requisite classes may register for them as follows:
- At Sonoma State: you will register via the Open University process. See Ronnie Goodlund if you have questions.
- At other Four-Year Colleges: Before registering, you must get the equivalent courses approved by the Graduate Coordinator.
- Lower division level, 100 and 200 (Freshman or Sophomore): You may choose comparable courses at a community college upon approval of the Graduate Coordinator.
Registration After a Leave of Absence
Students may take up to two semesters off without having to reapply to the MSCES program. In order to maintain the active status, all students should fill out a Leave of Absence form if they plan to take up to two semesters off.