All MSCES students are required to take the appropriate steps in order to ensure their timely graduation. These steps are as follow:
- Before you register for the Culminating Experience (Thesis (Plan A) or Project (Plan B)):
- Make sure you have discussed the topic of your thesis with your advisor and created a thesis committee. Talk to the committee members and ensure that they agree to serve in your committee.
- Complete the GSO-1 form. You can learn about WEP requirements. All committee members must sign the form. Students who are taking the Plan C option are only required to receive their advisor's signature.
- All GSO1 forms must be signed by the Graduate Program Coordinator.
- It is the student's responsibility to take the original GSO-1 form to Graduate Studies Office (Stevenson 1041). Note that no student will be allowed to register for the Culminating Experience without completion of the GSO-1 form.
- Prior to the end of the final semester each MSCES student must complete and submit the GSO-2 form before the designated deadline:
- Make sure you have completed the Graduate Course of Study section of the GSO-2 form. You can leave your grades for the ongoing courses blank. If you are doing the thesis option you must specify the title of your thesis and the expected date of your thesis presentation.
- All GSO-2 forms must be approved by the Graduate Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will check the Graduate Course of Study section of the GSO-2 form.
- Following receiving all the appropriate signatures, it is the student's responsibility to take the GSO-2 form to Graduate Studies Office (Stevenson 1041).
Important: All Spring thesis presentations must be scheduled for no later than April 20. Fall thesis presentation must be completed no later than November 25. Final thesis reports must be submitted prior to GSO2 filling deadline. The final grades for late thesis submissions will be submitted in the subsequent semester.