Student Activities and Galleries
- SSU Engineering Club students visited Agilent Technologies in Santa Rosa, Ca, on December 9, 2011.
- Eric Waugh and Scott Parmley from Engineering Club participated in SSU Counselor Connection workshop on Friday 10/7 in Cooperage Hall. Over 133 local area community college and high school counselors had registered to attend this event.
- Engineering Science students attended a workshop in Sonoma Mountain Business Cluster (SMBC) to learn about the business behind a successful technology. SMBC is home to over 20 startup companies in Rohnert Park, CA. We like to thank Dr. Michael P. Newell, Executive Director of SMBC, for arranging this workshop.
- Engineering Science Students visited Agilent's Open Area Test Site (OATS) in Rohnert Park, on September 20th.
We would like to thank Alicia Benson and Tim Peterson from Agilent Technology for their kind assistance in arranging this visit.
- Faculty and students from the Department of Engineering Science at Sonoma State University participated in the first Pathway to Clean Energy event in Santa Rosa Downtown, on June 20, 2011. This event sponsored by Solar Sonoma County. Over 70 solar and energy efficiency vendors, local green businesses, and training institutions participated.
In this event, Connor Rutten, SSU high school summer intern from Maria Carillo high school, displayed his project, a portable solar energy power station. This project was supervised by Dr. Ali Kujoori and Dr. Farid Farahmand from the Department of Engineering Science at Sonoma State University. Conner demonstrated how a solar power station operates, charges batteries, and power up home appliances.
- 2011 BSES Graduates
From left to right: Adrian Fierros, Philip Brault, department chair Dr. Jagan Agrawal, Kyler Connelly, Brooks Hanley and Dr. Farid Farahmand
- MS-CES Graduate student gathering on May 10, 2011
- Engineering students participated in Geek Week 2011.
From left to right: Adrian Fierros, Brooke Abel, Brooks Hanley, Scott Parmley, Eric Waugh, Kyler Connelly, Daniel Ryan and Chris Dennison
From left to right: Daniel Ryan, Scott Parmley, Brooks Hanley, Kyler Connelly, Daniel Sanchez, Philip Brault, Chris Dennison, Adrian Fierros, Eric Waugh and Kyle Peterson
- Dr. Farid Farahmand showcasing his project (Low-Cost Weight Monitoring System) during 2011 Faculty Exposition
Dr. Farid Farahmand on the left with his graduate student Peiwen Yu
- ES 110 Project Demonstrations (Fall 2010)
- LED Puck with an accelerometer by Perrin Fine
- High School STEM Internships (Summer 2010)
- First Graduates of BSES
The Engineering Science department celebrated its first graduates at the Spring 2010 commencement ceremony. Below you will find the three graduates along with the department chair (left to right: Kevin Tharp, Marcos Almonaci, department chair Dr. Jagan Agrawal and Jason Ghiraldini).
- Senior Projects (Spring 2010)
- ES 310 Project Showcase (Spring 2010)
- Visiting Agilent Technologies in Santa Rosa (Spring 2010)
- Earthday 2010
From left to right: Brooks Hanley, Eric Frank, Philip Brault, Chris Dennison and Brooke Abel
- ES 110 Students Demonstrating Their Projects (Fall 2009)
- Earthday 2009
Members of the Engineering Club hosted a table to demonstrate the amount of energy consumed by typical consumer products and how they can contribute to the global energy crisis and climate change. They also demonstrated how solar panels work and how easily they can be used to power small items such as iPods, Cell Phones, etc.