Student Activities and Galleries
- 2014 Electrical Engineering Graduates; from left to right: Scott Parmley, Chio Saephan, Eric Waugh and Josh Disbrow
- Science Symposium 2014; from left to right: Juan Magana, Chio Saephan, Eric Waugh and Scott Parmley
- Geek Week 2014
- Branden Kessell's Senior Project, Parker Motion Control, YouTube Video (08/26/2013)
- Geek Week 2013
- On February 22, 2013, some members of Engineering Club visited Parker in Rohnert Park. Here from left to right are: Steve Danek of Parker, Josh Disbrow, Eric Waugh, Scott Parmley, Allison Jenks, Alberto Maldonado and Casey White. (Photo cortesy of Branden Kessell)
- Engineering Club's visit of Agilent Technologies in Santa Rosa, CA, November 16, 2012; from left to right: Dr. Don Estriech, Eric Waugh, Branden Kessell, Josh Disbrow, Luis Reyes, Dustin Goodyear, Alec White, Chio Finh and the host Mike Powers of Agilent.
- Branden Kessell and Peiwen Yu participated in CSU Research Competition on May 5, 2012. Standing from left to right: Vanessa Hernandez, Carissa Green, Jeff Baldwin, Ostin Moon, Merith Weisman and Nicholas Steele; sitting from left to right: Stephanie Schmidt, Branden Kessell and Peiwen Yu
- Geek Week 2012, from left to right: Ben Valdovinos, Branden Kessell and Eric Waugh
- SSU Engineering Club students visited Agilent Technologies in Santa Rosa, Ca, on December 9, 2011.
- Eric Waugh and Scott Parmley from Engineering Club participated in SSU Counselor Connection workshop on Friday 10/7 in Cooperage Hall. Over 133 local area community college and high school counselors had registered to attend this event.
- Engineering Science students attended a workshop in Sonoma Mountain Business Cluster (SMBC) to learn about the business behind a successful technology. SMBC is home to over 20 startup companies in Rohnert Park, CA. We like to thank Dr. Michael P. Newell, Executive Director of SMBC, for arranging this workshop.
- Engineering Science Students visited Agilent's Open Area Test Site (OATS) in Rohnert Park, on September 20th.
We would like to thank Alicia Benson and Tim Peterson from Agilent Technology for their kind assistance in arranging this visit.
- Faculty and students from the Department of Engineering Science at Sonoma State University participated in the first Pathway to Clean Energy event in Santa Rosa Downtown, on June 20, 2011. This event sponsored by Solar Sonoma County. Over 70 solar and energy efficiency vendors, local green businesses, and training institutions participated.
- 2011 BSES Graduates
- MS-CES Graduate student gathering on May 10, 2011
- Engineering students participated in Geek Week 2011.
- Dr. Farid Farahmand showcasing his project (Low-Cost Weight Monitoring System) during 2011 Faculty Exposition
- ES 110 Project Demonstrations (Fall 2010)
- LED Puck with an accelerometer by Perrin Fine
- High School STEM Internships (Summer 2010)
- First Graduates of BSES
- Senior Projects (Spring 2010)
- ES 310 Project Showcase (Spring 2010)
- Visiting Agilent Technologies in Santa Rosa (Spring 2010)
- Earthday 2010
From left to right: Brooks Hanley, Eric Frank, Philip Brault, Chris Dennison and Brooke Abel
- ES 110 Students Demonstrating Their Projects (Fall 2009)
- Earthday 2009
Members of the Engineering Club hosted a table to demonstrate the amount of energy consumed by typical consumer products and how they can contribute to the global energy crisis and climate change. They also demonstrated how solar panels work and how easily they can be used to power small items such as iPods, Cell Phones, etc.