SONELI: Sonoma State University Educational Leadership Institute
SONELI envisions P-12 schools, colleges and universities, community organizations, businesses, parents and students working together to consider innovative and proven solutions to support learning for ALL students.
The Institute supports systematic research-based change in our local P-16 educational community through continuous program improvement, collaboration and leveraging of resources in the San Francisco North Bay area. We expand upon what the Sonoma State University does best: explore ideas deeply and collaboratively, link practice and theory and take action.
Operating under the leadership of Sonoma State University School of Education, SONELI provides a unique opportunity for our community to work together for positive educational change.
Bring together educational leaders:
- Convene a P‐16 Leadership Steering Committee of Sonoma State School of Education faculty and area educational leaders to serve as the education outreach vehicle in the San Francisco North Bay region.
- Support and provide a space for researchers and graduate students to conduct research.
- Develop leadership networks. Convene the latest educational thinkers and our area education leaders to consider innovations.
Collaborate with local school leadership initiatives:
- Support and collaborate with county offices of education, school districts, teacher leaders, private and charter schools to support leadership initiatives.
- Bring quality researchers and educational thinkers to speak to our local educational community about current school practices and support debate and discussion about these ideas.
Create sustainability and longevity:
- Develop an ongoing, sustainable resource-base to fund the institute through public and private partnerships, collaborations and grants.
- Provide a vehicle to recruit future leaders into Sonoma State University School of Education’s programs.
Doing what the university does best:
- Provide opportunity for informed debate and discussion about educational initiatives.
- Develop principle and theory based approaches to educational initiatives.
- Utilize Sonoma State University School of Education faculty expertise to assist in addressing local educational challenges and opportunities.
For more information about SONELI, please contact us at email@example.com
Carlos Ayala, Dean of Education
Paul Porter and Greta Viguie, SONELI Co-directors