The Foundational Level General Science Teaching Credential Institute will prepare teachers to earn a Foundational Level General Science (FLGS) California Teaching Credential. The Summer 2014 Institute will provide intensive review of science concepts and CSET test preparation. The FLGS Credential authorizes teaching integrated science through 8th grade and general science at the high school level (as opposed to college-prep high school biology, chemistry, or physics).
The FLGS Teaching Credential Preparation Institute at Sonoma State University will:
- Provide an intensive review of science concepts (astronomy, earth science, physics) and skills required for the CSET tests (subtests 1 and 2).
- Provide the required secondary science teaching methods course: EDSS 444 Secondary Science Teaching Methods (3 semester units)
- Provide test preparation
- Cover fees such as SSU Extended Education class fees, reimburse the test registration fees, and credential filing fees. (Participant pays for textbooks.)
How Much Will the FLGS Institute Cost?
There is no fee to participate in the FLGS Institute, but enrollees must purchase their own textbooks. Enrollees will need to register for July 13 CSET subtests #1 and #2. Test registration fees and credential fees will be entirely refunded to those who complete the Institute. All other course costs are covered including SSU Extended Education fees.
Sonoma County (Piner/Elsie Allen HS.)
June 16-July 3, Mon.-Thurs., 9:00-3:30 p.m.
Napa County: (Napa HS)
July 14-31, Mon.-Thurs, 9:00-3:30 p.m.
- Science (Astronomy/Earth Science/Physics 2 units)
- EDSS 444 Secondary Science Teaching Methods Course (3 units)