Social Justice Vision and Mission
School of Education Vision Statement
Advancing social justice in schools and communities through excellence in education.
School of Education Mission Statement
The School of Education provides transformative educational experiences through teaching, research, and key initiatives. We prepare undergraduates, graduate students, and credential candidates to advocate for social justice in their learning and throughout their careers so that students, schools, and communities flourish.
- We believe that examining and respecting human differences is central to educational inclusivity.
- We believe that collaboration and community partnerships strengthen our work.
- We take a critical and reflective stance in light of educational and social inequities.
- We are committed to equity and access in education for all.
- We promote meaningful learning through theoretically sound and research-based pedagogies.