How to Apply to the Multiple Subject Program
Get Your Questions Answered
We encourage applicants to the Multiple Subject Credential Program to:
- read through the complete Basic Program and Structure Description
- attend an Information Workshop to learn about the program and the application process. Bring your questions to the meeting. Attendance is free, and no reservation is necessary. Multiple Subject Credential Program Information Workshops take place on the first Monday of the month (except on holidays) Check the worshop schedule for date and location information.
- or contact us in the Student Services/Credentials office at 707-664-2832 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Credential and Masters Degree Applicants Must Apply to BOTH SSU and the Specific School of Education Program:
- You must apply to the Sonoma State University as a graduate/post baccalaureate student in order to be admitted to a Credential or Masters program in the School of Education. Please apply to SSU via www.csumentor.edu for your semester of interest.
- Download the Multiple Subject Credential Program Application (PDF), and closely follow all step-by-step instructions in that document.
- To assist you as you work through the application, refer to the details regarding general School of Education admissions requirements on our Admissions/How to Apply page.
Interested in Taking Prerequisite Courses?
For candidates planning to apply to the Multiple Subject or Single Subject Credential Program for Spring 2014, you can enroll in the prerequisite courses through the SSU School of Extended Education: (EDUC 417 and EDEC 420 for Multiple Subject Program; EDUC 417 and EDSS 418 for Single Subject Program). To register for Spring, carefully follow the instructions on this registration application form.
Summer 2013 Prerequisite Courses through Extended Education
We plan to offer EDUC 417, EDSS 418, EDEC 420 and EDSP 433 in Summer 2013 through Extended Education. For registration visit http://www.sonoma.edu/exed/intersession/
Prerequisite Course Enrollment Fall 2013
Apply to SSU only via www.csumentor.edu and follow these steps:
- Apply to Sonoma State University as a graduate student via www.csumentor.edu
- Mention that you are interested in taking pre-requisite courses for the credential program on the Statement of Purpose on the application.
- Send “OFFICIAL” transcripts from every institution you mention on your application to Admissions and Records to complete the application process.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Credentials Office at 707-664-2832 or email email@example.com
FALL 2013 ADMISSIONS: Now accepting applications for Fall 2013 admission for some advanced credential and graduate programs.
The priority application period was November 1, 2012 - March 1, 2013. We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2013 admission to basic credential programs (multiple subjects, single subject and education specialist).
Application deadline for Master's and Advanced Credentials is varies by program, please see the applications download page for dates.