How to Apply to the Preliminary Educational Specialist Program
Get Your Questions Answered
We encourage applicants to the Preliminary Education Specialist Credential Program to:
- read through the complete Basic Program and Structure Description
- attend an Information Workshop to learn about the program and the application process. Bring your questions to the meeting. Attendance is free, and no reservation is necessary. Education Specialist Credential Program Information Workshops take place on the third Monday of the month (except on holidays) Check the worshop schedule for date and location information.
- or contact us in the Student Services/Credentials office at 707-664-2832 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Credential and Masters Degree Applicants Must Apply to BOTH SSU and the Specific School of Education Program:
- You must apply to the Sonoma State University as a graduate/post baccalaureate student in order to be admitted to a Credential or Masters program in the School of Education. Please apply to SSU via www.csumentor.edu for your semester of interest.
- Download the Preliminary Education Specialist Credential Program Application (PDF), and closely follow all step-by-step instructions in that document.
- To assist you as you work through the application, refer to the details regarding general School of Education admissions requirements on our Admissions/How to Apply page.
FALL 2013 ADMISSIONS: Now accepting applications for Fall 2013 admission for some advanced credential and graduate programs.
The priority application period was November 1, 2012 - March 1, 2013. We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2013 admission to basic credential programs (multiple subjects, single subject and education specialist).
Application deadline for Master's and Advanced Credentials is varies by program, please see the applications download page for dates.