TEACH (Teachers Educating and Creating Hope) Week #SSUTeach
The CSSE faculty have envisioned TEACH week as a way to form a sense of community with your credential peers and content-based cohort and to engage in the philosophy, goals, and practices of the Sonoma State credential program. In lieu of the first week of classes, we have created a 3-day event to introduce you our community and welcome you into the profession.
Goals of TEACH week:
During TEACH Week 2015, the 2015-16 cohort of teacher candidates of the Single-Subject Credential Program in the Sonoma State University School of Education will:
- Create a community of collaborative learners who will learn with and from one another while at Sonoma State and beyond.
- Build a shared understanding of the philosophy, foci, and structure of the Sonoma State Single-Subject Credential Program among teacher candidates and program faculty.
- Develop professional dispositions that support student learning and students’ well-being.
- Introduce teacher candidates to the realities of the challenging and rewarding profession of teaching.
TEACH Week Schedule #SSUTeach
Location: Cooperage and Student Center (campus map)
Tuesday, August 25th: 8:30am-3:30pm in Cooperage
Wednesday, August 26th: 8:30am -12 or 12-3:30pm in Cooperage
Thursday, August 27, 4-8pm in the Student Center, 3rd Floor, Ballroom A
To-Do Items (to be completed before TEACH Week):
to be completed by Sunday, August 23rd: https://sonoma.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eu4zkO0FYhNwPgV
Learn about new Standards!
- Learn about Common Core State Standards (for all teachers): http://www.corestandards.org/
- Learn about Next Generation Science Standards: http://www.nextgenscience.org/next-generation-science-standards
- Learn about Physical Education standards: http://www.shapeamerica.org/standards/pe/statestandards.cfm
- Learn about Music Standards: http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/mumain.asp
- Learn about World Language Standards: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/fl/