How to Apply to the Single Subject Credential Program
Get Your Questions Answered
We encourage applicants to the Single Subject Credential Program to:
- read through the complete Basic Program and Structure Description
- attend an Information Workshop to learn about the program and the application process. Bring your questions to the meeting. Attendance is free, and no reservation is necessary. Single Subject Credential Program Information Workshops take place on the second Monday of the month (except on holidays) Check the worshop schedule for date and location information.
- or contact us in the Student Services/Credentials office at 707-664-2832 or email@example.com
All Credential and Master's Degree Applicants Must Apply to BOTH SSU and the Specific School of Education Program:
- You must apply to the Sonoma State University as a graduate/post baccalaureate student in order to be admitted to a Credential or Masters program in the School of Education.
- Please apply to SSU via www.csumentor.edu for your semester of interest.
- Then complete the application process for the School of Education Credential or Master's Degree program.
- Download the Single Subject Credential Program Application (PDF), and closely follow all step-by-step instructions in that document.
- To assist you as you work through the application, refer to the details regarding general School of Education admissions requirements on our Admissions/How to Apply page.
Prerequisite Course Enrollment Open for the Spring 2015 Semester
Apply to SSU as a Graduate Student:
- For Spring 2015 admission via www.csumentor.edu, Complete all the information required and pay the $55 application fee.
- Mention that you are interested in taking pre-requisite courses for the credential program on the Statement of Purpose on the application.
- Send “OFFICIAL” transcripts from every institution you mention on your application to Admissions and Records to complete the application process.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Credentials Office at 707-664-2832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline News
We are now accepting applications for Spring Semester 2015 admission to all credential and masters programs except Single Subject and Educational Leadership, which only offer Fall admissions. The priority application period is July 1, 2014-September 15, 2014
The application period for Fall 2014 admission for basic credential programs is now closed.
How to Apply | Download an Application | Attend an Information Workshop or Online Information Workshops