Participant Instructions for Online Information Workshops
To ensure a successful Online Information Workshop experience, take a few minutes to prepare your computer.
4 Steps to Get Connected
- Get a headset and microphone. A headset/microphone combination is best. Plug in your headset and proceed to step #2.
- Go to the Configuration Room (v. 12) on the Blackboard Collaborate Checking System Requirements page (skip to step #2 on the page). You'll test your audio here. Be sure your microphone is plugged in.
- If that page reports that you do not have Java installed, go to www.java.com to download and install the Java Web Start. Don't worry--they make it easy!
- Review the What to Expect when Connecting to Blackboard Collaborate guide.
Having problems getting connected? Contact Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support at 1 (877) 382-2293. Alternatively, you may also conduct a 'Live Chat' session with a support technician, or submit a support ticket, by visiting the Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support site.
Need more information about Collaborate?
- View, download or print out the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing Guides:
- View the Web Conferencing Participant Orientation (Video - 7 minutes). Note: An alternate version with an interactive transcript is available on YouTube.
- Students with accessibility needs may wish to review the Accessibility Guide for Participants (HTML) or Accessibility Guide for Participants (PDF).
Additional information for participants can be found in the Blackboard Collaborate On-Demand Learning Center.