ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST (EPT) AND ENTRY LEVEL MATH (ELM) PLACEMENT ACCOMMODATIONS
Students requesting reasonable accommodations for the English (EPT) and/or Math (ELM) placement exams should contact the disability services office where the student plans to take these placement exams.
Students will be required to establish their eligibility for reasonable accommodations by providing appropriate disability documentation from a qualified treatment provider. Disability documentation must clearly describe the student's present functional limitations.
Students should contact their “Destination” campus Disability Services office (where you plan to attend in the fall) in order to identify the process for registering for disability services and to confirm documentation requirements for receiving accommodations during the academic year. Accommodations provided at the “Testing Campus” does not guarantee that the same accommodations will be provided at one’s “Destination Campus” in the fall.
Steps for requesting accommodations for the English (EPT) and Math (ELM) Placement Exams:
Step 1: Register On-line
- Review information about the EPT and ELM at: http://www.sonoma.edu/testing/
- Register on-line to take the exams: https://ept-elm.ets.org/CSU/
Step 2: Submit Disability Documentation
Provide specific accommodation request(s) and appropriate disability-related documentation to the DSS office.
- Documentation must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the test date in order to receive appropriate accommodations. Accommodations requested less than two weeks in advance cannot be guaranteed.
- Fax:707-664-3330, Mail:Disability Services for Students at Sonoma State University • 1801 East Cotati Ave • Rohnert Park, CA 94928, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include your contact information.
- If you have questions, you may contact DSS at 707-664-2677.
Step 3: Contact Testing Services
Once DSS has authorized your accommodations, you will be instructed to contact Testing Services at (707) 664-2947, to confirm the time and location of the accommodated exams.